Favorite Political Quotes
- "We tried to provide more for the poor and produced more poor instead. We tried to remove the barriers to escape poverty, and inadvertently built a trap."
- "Government is like a big baby -- an alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other."
Ronald Reagan as quoted in The New York Times Magazine, November 14, 1965
- "If liberals can´t beat you, if they´re losing on the issues, they do one of two things. They either call you a bigot or a racist. Or they sue you."
- "Well I´ve said it before and I´ll say it again -- America´s
best days are yet to come. Our proudest moments are yet to be.
Our most glorious achievements are just ahead. America remains
what Emerson called her 150 years ago, "the country of tomorrow."
What a wonderful description and how true. And yet tomorrow might
never have happened had we lacked the courage in the 1980´s to
chart a course of strength and honor."
Ronald Reagan´s Speech at the 1992 National Convention
- "We could adopt a better approach to crime control by showing criminals
the same kind of mercy that they show their victims."
Walter E. Williams
Guest Liberal Quotes
- "We have overplayed our hand. The Democrats are now committing felonies
in order to catch Gingrich on a minor technicality,"
Democratic campaign consultant Brian Lunde.
- "Largely as a result of the policies and priorities of the
Reagan Administration, more people are becoming poor and staying
poor in this country than at any time since World War II"
Bryant Gumbel on Today, July 17, 1989